Thursday, October 9, 2008

Getting Started

I’m new to this whole blogging thing so bear with me until I work the bugs out. I have chosen to write a political blog for this course because I enjoy keeping up with the campaigns. I don’t have a political science degree, or work for one of the candidates. I’m just a concerned citizen who believes that it is very important for all voters to be as informed as possible when making their election day choices. I don’t have all the answers, but maybe through a good discussion we can all learn something. It turns out, that the outcome here in Indiana could be a very important one. No matter who wins history will be made and there is always going to be material to write about. I would like for this blog to be a place where both sides of any issue can be heard

Sometimes when the rumors and accusations begin to fly it can be difficult to sort out the facts. If you need a little help too, check out www.factcheck.com to help answer your questions. These guys are pretty good at keeping the candidates honest. The closer it gets to election day, the more important those little details become.

If you missed the debate, and don’t have time to sit and watch a cable repeat check out youtube.com. Normally the new political stuff gets up pretty quick. When the President gave his last evening address, my political science class watched it together the following afternoon. Once you’ve seen it, Do you think that Barack Obama knocked one out of the park on Tuesday night, or is John McCain your man? Maybe you’re pulling for Ron Paul, or Bob Barr? Don’t be afraid to let me know what’s on your mind!

No comments: