Thursday, October 9, 2008

Favorite Web Sites

‘08 Politix Rox
Post 1-
These are a few of my favorite web sites- Check them out!

Huffingtonpost.com I am new to the world of blogging even though I have been quite a news junkie for the last few years. I find more often lately that because I’ve been so busy with school that I turn quickly to a news network web site to catch up on the headlines. More the news outlets seem to site reporters for this blog as sources for their “breaking news” I try to gather facts from many sources before making up my mind. The post is likely going to be a site that I begin visiting more often. On one page I see that someone in a crowd at a Sarah Palin rally accused Obama of treason in public. While the candidate at the top of that ticket confirms that he has pulled all campaign resources out of Michigan. The other side can find an article that shows new voter registration is up in both Florida and Ohio the outcome of both states has been key to the outcomes of the last two elections . That appears to be a trens that will hold true in November.

http://www.engadget.com the coolest tech gadgets here and see how they stack up against the competition. This may help keep the I want it monster in check and bring it down to the level of- What will an IPHONE really do for me? - Get the details here. Cool Site! Wish I had come up with it!!

http://talkingpointsmemo.com just broke another story that I have yet to see or hear of anywhere else: A small group of Chinese Muslims detained in Guantanamo Bay prison facilities have been ordered by a federal judge to be released into the US. In custody for seven years, they were cleared of wrong doing and remained in custody since no other country was willing to take them in. This case sets quite a precedent, and it will be an interesting one to keep an eye on.
These are three of the most influential blogs on the internet. After taking a little time to visit each of them I understand why.

No comments: